Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Let's Start at The Beginning....

Hi Y'all,
OK, well that makes me sound very southern, which is funny because I'm not, it just seemed to be an appropriate opening this time.  I am proud to say that I am from a very small town in Northern Saskatchewan, and for those that think I live in the middle of no where, you are in fact correct! Now living in a small town has many advantages, especially when it comes to raising our children (You couldn't get me to live anywhere else though), there are some disadvantages that come with it. Mainly the fact that there isn't a lot to do, more so in the winter. So in an effort to help me relieve some of my boredom and to help keep those slowly diminishing brain cells active, I have decided to try my hand at blogging. Its all the rage nowadays and I figured this was one bandwagon that I could jump on and really enjoy.
I have a few slightly insane reasons on why I decided to blog (besides being bored), the main one is that I have always enjoyed writing and taking pictures, but I haven't had much time to indulge in it. The second reason is that I LOVE Pinterest and I mean in the creepy, stalking, they don't love you back, even possible restraining order type of love. My husband says I'm just addicted to it. Now the true definition of addiction according to the dictionary, "is the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, to such an extent that its cessation causes sever trauma". With the truth staring so blatantly in my face, I have to admit it, I have no choice. I must stop lying to myself. My name is Stephanie and I am addicted to Pinterest!! There I said it! Whew, I feel sooo much better now. Well I've admitted it to the world, now what do I??? I don't think they will let me into AA, and I'm pretty sure there are no cessation aids like there is with smoking, I guess I'm just going to have to be my own support group. I will provide myself with constant morale support that yes I can do this. Wait a minute, what exactly am I saying "yes I can do this" to?? Hmmm , well now that I have thought about this a little bit, I am going to say yes I can do this, to finding some way of using every single pin I have saved! With that in mind, and as I look at the number of pins I have (771 in case you were wondering) I should have enough material to keep me busy for a very long time.
Pinterest is a very sneaky ( and yet oh so wonderful) invention. It is the world's best time killer for procrastinators, like myself, who really have very little intention of ever using any of the things they have pinned. So watch out Pinterest, I'm fighting back! And to start off this very long and fierce battle, I would like to share with you this pin that came off my " Ain't that the Truth" board.
This pin epitomizes my unquestionable daily struggle with Pinterest. Most mornings I will get my eldest off to school, feed and clothe the other two and sit down at my laptop with a cup of coffee to only browse Pinterest "briefly" while I enjoy my coffee. That's my intention every time I log on, but sadly as this pin shows Pinterest is evil and by the time I get off, I have drank more coffee then I should have, and my morning has been well wasted.
My very first post is coming to a close and with that a strong sense of pride. I hope you have enjoyed this one and will stay with me as I continue my long and daily struggle with Pinterest. So as a closing, I wish you all a wonderful, sunshiny day, and now I am off to go briefly browse Pinterest with my morning cup of coffee

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Pinterest and I mean in the creepy, stalking, they don't love you back, even possible restraining order type of love.

    Best line ever!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete